Registration is now open for the
Mohr's Explorers Summer Program!
We will not be running our traditional EDventure Camp once again this summer, but we are excited to announce that we will be offering summer programming! We realize it is up to every family to decide their comfort level, but as we have done all year, we will be taking many steps to help ensure the safety of the kids in our program and the fact that we will be outdoors, and not in confined indoor space, is a major plus.
Please download the full details of our
Our Summer Central Park EDventures will include shelter building, bird tracking, woodlands hide-and-seek and survival skills -- plus an original variety of awesome outdoor games & activities! This exhilarating outdoor program builds confidence, while encouraging teamwork, creativity and open-ended education.
The possibilities? Endless. The experiences? Memorable.
The FUN? Guaranteed!!!
We will be outdoors; please be prepared for all types of weather.
DETAILS AND INFORMATION:
- Enrollment will be limited and the groups will be small. At most, we anticipate 18 kids per group with the same two instructors each week.
- The first session will run from 8:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. each day and the second session will run from 1:00 to 5:00 p.m. Because enrollment will be limited, each child can choose either the morning or afternoon session each week, not both. *** Please note: The afternoon sessions are unlikely to run this summer. ***
- The dates are June 28-July 2, July 5-9, July 12-16, July 19-23 and July 26-30. You do not have to enroll for all five weeks, but anyone who wishes to attend will need to enroll for at least one full week. No daily drop-ins will be permitted this summer.
Depending on enrollment, there may be more than one pick-up & drop off location. If we end up with more than one group, each group will have different designated areas of the park. We cannot guarantee these locations, but when registering, please indicate whether you prefer to drop off at the Park at East 79th, West 81st, West 93rd or West 108th Streets and we will assign kids as best we can. If you sign up with friends, siblings, etc., we will attempt to place in them in the same group, by request.
*** Program update: All groups will be meeting at W. 93rd Street this summer. We did not get enough requests to accommodate other locations. ***
- Our program has always been for boys and girls, ages 5-12. However, younger children may have a harder time with some of the social distancing requirements and all of the hiking, so please keep that in mind. All participants must be bathroom independent and we cannot accept anyone younger than 5 this summer.
- All morning session participants bring a packed lunch and water; all afternoon participants bring a packed snack and water.
- There will be a health screening assessment each day at check-in, including non-contact temperature checks.
- There will be no shared equipment, no activities with any contact, nor will there be any subway travel. All activities will take place within Central Park.
- We will practice social distancing throughout the day. We have plenty of fun activities that we can do with them in this manner and kids can easily still have the social experiences they have been lacking from a safe distance.
- All participants will need to bring their own face coverings each day. However, wearing them the entire time may not be required whenever we can maintain at least 6 feet from others.
- We will wash hands whenever possible, but all instructors will have plenty of hand sanitizer as well, for when hand washing is not available/practical.
- The cost for one full week is $425. We do not accept credit cards, but details for electronic payments will be included in your confirmation e-mail. Those who wish to pay by check, please make them payable to Mohr's Explorers, LLC.
- This is a small program with limited enrollment and we are unable to provide any financial aid, sibling discounts or multiple-week discounts.
- Registration is currently open and will be handled on a first-come, first-served basis. To pre-register, just e-mail Mike to reserve your spot on the list. Next, fill out and submit the Registration Form (link below) if you are new to the program, but please note...ANYONE WHO HAS BEEN IN THE PROGRAM THIS SCHOOL YEAR DOES NOT NEED TO FILL OUT ANOTHER FORM. A separate e-mail with payment information will be sent out later this spring, once registration is a little more settled.
If you have any questions, or if you wish to enroll your child, please contact Mike.
Full refunds will be issued for cancellations at least 7 days prior to the start of each week's program. Fees are non-refundable with less than 7 days notice, unless we are able to fill the spot. There are also no refunds or credits because of absences or dismissal and there are no substitutions from one week to another for missed sessions.