Thank you to all who were a part of our 2020 Summer Outdoor Program. We are thrilled that it went so well, that we were able to keep things safe and most importantly, that the kids had a blast!
Who knows what next summer will bring? If we are unable to run our traditional EDventure Camp next summer, we may do more of what we did this summer, which we have left below for reference. Summer registration typically opens at some point after winter break, but as with everything these days, we will take it day-by-day and see how it goes.
DETAILS AND INFORMATION:
- Enrollment will be limited and the groups will be small. At most, we anticipate 7 or 8 kids per group with the same instructor each week.
- The first session will run from 9:00 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. each day and the second session will run from 1:00 to 4:30 p.m. Because enrollment will be limited, each child can choose either the morning or afternoon session each week, not both.
The dates are June 29-July 3, July 6-10, July 13-17, July 20-24 and July 27-31. You do not have to enroll for all five weeks, but anyone who wishes to attend will need to enroll for at least a full week. No daily drop-ins will be permitted this summer.
- Depending on enrollment, there may be more than one pick-up & drop off location. If we end up with more than one group, each group will have different designated areas of the park. We cannot guarantee these locations, but when registering, please indicate whether you prefer West 81st Street or uptown, which could be W. 103rd and/or W. 108th Street, and we will assign kids as best we can in the order that requests are received. If you sign up with friends, siblings, etc., we will attempt to place in them in the same group, by request.
- Our program has always been for boys and girls, ages 5-12. However, younger children may have a harder time with some of the social distancing requirements, so please keep that in mind. We cannot accept anyone younger than 5 this summer.
- All morning session participants bring a packed lunch and water; all afternoon participants bring a packed snack and water.
- There will be a health screening assessment each day at check-in.
- There will be no shared equipment, no activities with any contact, nor will there be any subway travel. All activities will take place within Central Park.
- We will practice social distancing throughout the day. We have plenty of fun activities that we can do with them in this manner and kids can easily still have the social experiences they have been lacking from a safe distance.
- All participants will need to bring their own face covering each day. However, wearing it the entire time will not be required whenever we can maintain at least 6 feet from others.
- We will wash hands whenever possible, but all instructors will have plenty of hand sanitizer as well, for when hand washing is not available/practical.
- The cost for one full week is $395. We do not accept credit cards, but details for electronic payments will be included in your confirmation e-mail. Those who wish to pay by check, please make them payable to Mohr's Explorers, LLC.
- This is a small program with limited enrollment and we are unable to provide any financial aid, sibling discounts or multiple-week discounts.
- Registration is currently open and will be handled on a first-come, first-served basis. To pre-register, just e-mail Mike to save your spot. After that, please complete our online Registration Form and the Mohr's Explorers Acknowledgement and Pledge Form (links below) and submit payment to secure your child's enrollment. Registration is not official until the forms and full payment are received. If you have already submitted the registration form this school year for any other program, then you do not need to fill out another one.
If you have any questions, or if you wish to enroll your child, please contact Mike.
Given the current climate, we will try to issue full refunds for cancellations prior to the start of each week's program, if we can fill the spot. However, fees are non-refundable after each week's program has started. There are also no refunds or credits because of absences or dismissal and there are no substitutions from one week to another for missed sessions.